Children's Sermons - (Bible /Gospel - fun object lessons for kids at Children's church or Sunday School -
Creative Sunday school ideas 4 kids: FREE: Children's sermons / skits (note: Many of these sermons for kids could be adapted into great sermon illustrations for youth group / adults)
- Note: Sorry for the delay in the site update: I was away on a mission trip building a school down on the Baja in Mexico and the internet connection wasn't so good.
Text of the week: Luke 18:9-14 The parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector - (Check out this quick and simple spontaneous drama - I think it works.)
Luke 17:11-19 _>Children's sermon on the ten lepers - Thanksgiving and the importance of saying "thank you" to God.
- Faith as a Mustard seed (This is a simple visual picture of how even small "children's" faith can do wonderful things) Quick, simple and effective demonstration of how our small faith work with God's power. )
Sept 25 Rich Man and Lazarus - Money won't get you into heaven - Luke 16:19-31 (Object lesson to teach that money will not get you into heaven.
Devotions / Kids talk for Youth Group, Sunday school, or Children's Church -
Sunday School Teachers: Great ideas and illustrations for anyone involved in ministry to children.---
--Christ Centered / Evangelical - focusing on the Gospel as "Good News." -
Designed primarily for the short "Children's Focus" during Sunday Morning worship, these Children's sermons can be used in a variety of ways: An introduction to a Sunday School lesson, for Children's Church /Chapel, Youth Group or Kids club, etc. I trust these Christian sermons for Children will be a great resource for Pastors and Sunday School teachers. Blessings, Pastor Andrew -- Any feed back would be much appreciated! revhewlett(at) gmail (dot) com
- Biblical - Present good theology even if it's in a simplified form.
- Fun - Avoid the "O brother, here comes the boring message" reaction.
- Interactive - That's how kids learn. It's best when they use all the senses. I try to involve the congregation too.
Christ centered - Most of these stories are focused on Jesus and the love of God.
- Short - Most children have a short attention span. (Sunday school teachers know this well)
My prayer is the someday soon this web site would be a great, FREE resourse for children's sermons and Sunday school
Whether one is Anglican (Episcopal), Baptist, Catholic, Evangelical or Penticostal - children need to hear the gospel presented in a lively and biblical way.
Tips for making a great children's talk or Kids Bible lessons for the Sunday Church Service:
It should be a Biblical children's story: The theology for the Sunday Morning Kids Story doesn't need to be sophisticated but it does need to be Biblical. Keep it simple but keep it scriptural.
It should be an Interactive children's message. Don't preach to the children. Involve them in the learning experience.
It should be a short children's message. Most kids have a very short attention span. Don't let them get bored. Otherwise, the main thing they will learn is that church is boring. I would keep it under 5 minutes.
It should clearly present some aspect of the Gospel. If you get too abstract most kids will miss the point. Keep the thought progression simple.
It should be a FUN children's message. Ideally the children should look forward to this time in the service.
It should be a "risk free" children's message: Protect the kids from being embarrassed in front of the congregation.
...(more tips to come) ( check out these ideas: click on the video below )
- Developing home church web site Church in Langford B.C.